The Ultimate Fishing & Dining Experience
Whitianga, NZ | Coromandel Coast | Catch & Cook | All Year Round*
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions we have decided to place all International adventures on hold until further notice. Please register your interest and be the first to know when we are back up and ready to go.
Spend a full day cruising the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula fishing for your dinner with the highly experienced team from Whitiangler Fishing Charters.
Our Catch-and-Cook trips leave New Zealand’s seaside town of Whitianga and head out into the local crystal-clear waters where an abundance of sea life are protected from the Pacific Ocean by the peninsula’s geographical shape. This full day fishing adventure takes you in search of the largest Kingfish and Snapper in the region to make sure your evening dinner is one fit for a king.
Weather permitting, the day may also take in a visit to Cathedral Cove, Orua Cave and Gemstone Bay Marine Reserve. While not officially part of the tour there could also be a chance to grab some scallops, and possible crayfish to add to your evening feast.
While you’re expected to catch your dinner, we make sure you are well fed and hydrated throughout the day. All the required fishing gear including rods, reels, jigs and lures are also provided.
Our chiefs are specialists in preparing Seafood from the local waters, so when you return to shore with your catch they will get to work preparing your meal while you enjoy a cold beverage and relive the day with your fellow anglers as the sun sets over the gorgeous Whitianga town – then it’s time to eat, celebrate and talk about the one that didn’t get away.
This opportunity to experience one of the great fishing regions of New Zealand is open people of all skill level. The Whitiangler team will be on hand to ensure you hook something and don’t go hungry that evening.
AT A GLANCE
Start/Finish: Whitianga, Coromandel Coast
Nearest Airport: Auckland
Duration: All Day
$480 Per Person
Minimum 4 People
- The ultimate full day fishing adventure, chasing big kingfish and snapper
- Cathedral Cove, Orua Cave, Gemstone and Bay Marine Reserve (weather pending)
- Café packed lunch and drink
- All gear, rods, reels, jigs, lures
- Catch’n’cook style dinner, prepared by our chefs who specialise in local seafood
WHAT THE DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Depart Whitianga Wharf at 7am
- Fish for big Kingfish and Snapper
- Visit Cathedral Cove, Gemstone Bay and other surrounding caves (weather permitting)
- Afternoon arrival back at Whitianga Wharf
- Drop off your catch to our chefs who will prepare your meal
- Free time to freshen up and have a cold beverage
- Dinner at 7.30pm
Main methods of fishing: Live baiting, jigs, soft baiting, and stick baiting
This tour is organised by our preferred supplier: Whitiangler Fishing Charters