The competition will be held over five rounds, with four of them run in conjunction with the ASBK and the fifth round (still to be confirmed) at Phillip Island with the VRRC.
The R3 Cup will be presented by Yamaha Motor Finance and Insurance and is aimed at entry level road racers and junior MX, short circuit and dirt track riders. YMA is subsidising the cost of the race kitted bikes in order to assist riders wanting a low cost, hassle free introduction road racing.
Just $7900 buys a YZF-R3 in road trim with the addition of a full race kit, which gives the option to return the bike into roadgoing form if desired. The race kit consists of:
- Fairing kit – including front fender and tank cover – uses stock screen – black gelcoat
- Akrapovic full racing exhaust system with Ti muffler
- Racing rear sets with multiple adjustments
- Handlebar lowering kit
- Gearing set JT – optional sizes – 1 front, 2 rear
- MUPO Suspension kit – complete rear shock absorber with adjustable preload, ride height and rebound damping. Front fork kit with springs, spacers and shim stack
- Graphics kit with all series and bonus sponsors logos supplied
- R+G protection kit including – crash knobs, engine case covers, rear stand pickups, chain guard, radiator protector
- R+G muffler mounting bracket
- AIS pollution system block off plate
- Yamalube Service kit – 4 litres of synthetic engine oil and engine oil filter
- Oxford rear race stand
- CD with parts book, service manual, kit fitment manual, etc.
To make it even easier, the customer may purchase the racing YZF-R3 using YMF finance. With the package price of $7900.00 the repayment amount over a 12 month term would be $168 per week or over a 24 month term $88 - both rounded numbers.
To be eligible for the R3 Cup Championship - as well as the considerable prize and contingency packages that will be on offer - four of the five rounds that are planned need to be competed.
Motorcycling Australia is in the process of finalising the competition rules. They are simple and straight forward, utilising most of the existing over 300 production class rules.
“YMA encourages the R3 Cup to be an entry level competition, with the emphasis on the enjoyment of riding and competing on equal and cost effective machinery. The intention is to introduce new riders to the sport and so help build a more solid future for Australian road racing,” says Steven Cotterell, YMA General Manager and Director.
With this in mind the majority of the prizes and contingencies will be focused on the lower grades and newcomers. ‘A’ graders, internationals, former champions and VIPs will be welcome to compete but will not be eligible for prizes.
Download the application form below.
Summer 2013: Blue & White World (6mb PDF)
Summer 2014: Blue & White World Read More