This revolutionary new kind of motorcycle feels, handles and looks like nothing else. At the same time as being diﬀerent to a motorcycle, the NIKEN's handling characteristics are also reassuringly familiar to riders.
The advanced Yamaha-exclusive technology used in the double leaning front wheel layout oﬀers high levels of traction - making it a strong performer in corners and giving the NIKEN rider the ability to carve through winding roads with unmatched conﬁdence. And two front wheels means there are two front tyres and two sets of front brakes, so the levels of traction and braking are also like nothing else on the road!
The NIKEN's unique leaning multi wheel (LMW) system oﬀers very sporty and conﬁdent handling characteristics, together with enhanced feelings of stability and grip when cornering in a wide range of surface conditions.
Yamaha's engineers have gone to great lengths to ensure that the character of the NIKEN is similar to that of a conventional motorcycle, and the majority of riders will be able to transition seamlessly from a two wheeler to the Yamaha LMW system without having to alter their riding style. But as soon as they enter into a corner, NIKEN riders will feel growing levels of conﬁdence and enjoyment - oﬀering more fun with less stress.
NIKEN Key Features
- Totally new concept in the motorcycle industry
- Unique corner carving abilities
- Special feelings of front end grip, confidence and braking Radical design
- Advanced leaning multi-wheel technology
- Deep lean angle, maximum 45 degrees
- Ackerman steering with double upside down front forks
- Hybrid steel and aluminium frame with cast aluminium swingarm
- Approximately 50:50 front-rear weight distribution with rider
- 847cc, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC CP3 engine
- Special fuel injection settings and optimised crank balance
- LED headlight and taillight
- YZF-R1 derived mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
- Dual 15-inch front wheels with 410mm track; 17-inch rear wheel
- D-MODE with 3 engine running modes
- Cruise Control - operates above 50 km/h
- Traction Control System with 2 modes, and off mode
- A&S clutch for increased stability when downshifting
- Quick Shift System for smoother upshifts
- Compact instrument panel with LCD display
- Aluminium 18-litre fuel tank
- Fully adjustable rear suspension
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes and 282mm rear disc brake
- 12V DC power outlet
Availability and Price
The new NIKEN will be available from December 2018 in Granite Grey with a RRP of $21,999.00
NIKEN Specifications Engine type 3-Cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valves Displacement 847 cm³ Bore x stroke 78.0 mm x 59.1mm Compression ratio 11.5 : 1 Lubrication system Wet sump Clutch type Wet, Multiple Disc Ignition system TCI Starter system Electric Transmission system Constant mesh 6-speed Frame Diamond Front suspension Double USD telescopic forks, 110mm travel Rear suspension Swingarm - link type suspension, 125mm travel Front brake Hydraulic double disc, 298mm Rear brake Hydraulic single disc, 282mm Front tyre 120/70-15 Rear tyre 190/55-17 Overall length 2150 mm Overall width 885 mm Overall height 1250 mm Seat height 820 mm Wheel base 1510 mm Min ground clearance 150 mm Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank) 263kg Fuel tank capacity 18 L Colours Granite Grey RRP $21,999 Availability December 2018