New YZF-R6 Race Model
Following another dominant display in the 2021 World Supersport Championship, Yamaha's YZF-R6 will be made available as a track day weapon.
The most winning supersport machine will come with all the power, control and handling that the YZF-R6 is famous for but without road going gear such as lights, mirrors and indicators. As such, YZF-R6 is aimed at racers and track day enthusiasts and will be available in very limited numbers with:
• Compact Deltabox frame and lightweight magnesium subframe
• Sophisticated electronic control systems
• Aerodynamic race-developed bodywork
• High-specification R1-type front forks
• Race-ready specification - not for road use
• Class-leading R1-type front brakes
• Lightweight aluminium fuel tank
• Race-bred ergonomics
• Lightweight high-performance 599cc engine
Availability and pricing has yet to be set.