The 2024 YZ125 continues to represent an important evolution in Yamaha’s two-stroke lineage. 2022 saw the first full model change to the iconic model in more than 15 years. Significant improvements included the thoroughly reworked liquid-cooled 125cc engine to produce more power.
The result was increased power across the mid-to high-rpm range. Enhancing fuelling and power delivery, a high-precision Hitachi Astemo Keihin PWK38S carburettor with throttle position sensor and 3D-map-controlled CDI unit provides clean, crisp throttle response and superior rideability. A VForce4 carbon reed valve leads to an efficient supply of air into the engine for strong power in the low rpm range.
To match the powerful engine performance, a lightweight braking system features large front pistons, a rigid caliper, a big 270mm front rotor with a large pad contact area and high friction pad material, all combining to provide exceptional braking power and feel.
Best-in-class KYB suspension includes an inverted front fork with precise damping and a rear KYB unit that is set up for excellent bump absorption and cornering performance.
A flat seat and narrow fuel tank design, along with smoothly integrated body panels and slim radiator shrouds all combine to enable great freedom of movement forward and back, allowing the rider to easily shift body weight for control and confidence.
YZ125 will be available in Team Yamaha Blue with premium embedded graphics to ensure outstanding durability and scratch resistance. And new for MY24 is the retro themed YZ125SP celebrating 50 years of winning YZs with graphics straight from 1993...
• Liquid-cooled Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) 125cc two-stroke engine boasts bulk power in the mid- to high-range
• High-precision Hitachi Astemo Keihin PWK38S carburettor features throttle position sensor and 3D-map-controlled CDI unit resulting in crisp throttle response and superior rideability
• Straight intake design for strong power in the low rpm range
• Short and light muffler
• High performance brake setup features rigid front caliper, large front pistons and rotors with large pad contact area for exceptional stopping power and feel, along with low unsprung weight
• Narrow tank, flat seat and slim radiator shrouds offer great freedom of movement
• Fully adjustable KYB inverted front fork with a leaf spring in the mid-speed valve for high performance and comfort
• Fully adjustable KYB rear shock features low-friction Kashima Coat internals
• Race-proven, highly developed forged aluminium semi-double cradle frame or nimble handling, supreme control and minimal rider fatigue
• Removable aluminium rear subframe constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight
• Six-speed, close-ratio transmission has wide transmission gear teeth and optimised ratios for maximum performance
• Lightweight rear sprocket and chain
• High-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with blacked-out louvres to deliver maximum cooling and aggressive looks
• Lightweight aluminium handlebar with two-position adjustable handlebar clamp
• Adjustable clutch lever with cable adjuster
• Premium graphics are embedded for improved durability and scratch resistance
• Race-developed Bridgestone Battlecross X20 tyres
• YZ125SP model available in retro inspired graphics
The 2024 YZ125 is available now in Team Yamaha Blue at $11,799 inc GST ride away^ and the YZ125SP 50th Anniversary Edition will be available from August 2023 at $12,099 inc GST ride away^.
^Pricing correct at time of publishing and subject to change without notice.