The 2024 YZ250 retains the fast and fun liquid-cooled YPVS-equipped 249cc two-stroke powerplant, the compact chassis, highly developed lightweight aluminium frame, and the intuitive handling character and usability that’s made it a favourite among competitive motocross racers and recreational riders alike.
A narrow fuel tank, flat seat, slim radiator shrouds and side covers all contribute to freedom of movement front to back and easy weight transfer.
A straight intake design allows an efficient intake path to the engine for a strong feeling of power in the low rpm range.
The YZ250's renowned KYB suspension and handling continues with damping that enhances bump absorption and cornering agility.
Stopping power comes courtesy of a rigid front caliper, large front pistons, a 270mm front rotor with large pad contact area and high friction pad material, all combining to provide exceptional braking power and feel. Out back a lightweight rear rotor is specified.
YZ250 comes in Yamaha Blue and there is a retro themed YZ250SP available with 1993 inspired graphics to celebrate 50 years of winning YZ models.
Features and benefits
• Natural rider ergonomics with a narrow tank, flat seat and slim radiator shrouds offering great freedom of movement
• Advanced liquid-cooled YPVS-equipped 249cc two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and fun, with a wide, hard-hitting powerband
• Straight intake design for strong power in the low rpm range
• Advanced Hitachi Astemo Keihin PWK38S carburettor with power jet and throttle position sensor provides extra-crisp throttle response
• Lightweight, high performance brake setup features large front pistons, rigid caliper and rotors with large pad contact area for exceptional stopping power and feel
• Fully adjustable KYB fork features the Speed- Sensitive System for precise handling and superb shock absorption
• Fully adjustable KYB rear shock features reduced-friction Kashima Coat internals
• Race-proven, highly developed forged aluminium semi-double cradle frame
• Removable aluminium rear subframe constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight
• Finely tuned lightweight chassis and advanced suspension endow the YZ250 with class-leading handling
• Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission ensures confident gear changes in all conditions
• Lightweight rear sprocket design and lightweight chain
• High-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with blacked-out louvres to deliver maximum cooling and aggressive looks
• Lightweight aluminium handlebar with two-position adjustable handlebar clamp
• Adjustable clutch lever with works-style cable adjuster
• Race-developed Dunlop Geomax MX33 tyres
• Premium graphics are embedded for high durability and scratch resistance
• YZ250SP available with 1993 retro inspired graphics to celebrate 50 years of winning YZs
Both models are available now, YZ250 in Team Yamaha Blue at $13,249 inc GST ride away^ and YZ250SP 50th Anniversary Edition at $13,549 inc GST ride away^.
^Pricing correct at time of publishing and subject to change without notice.