The 2024 YZ85/LW continues to offer the proven liquid-cooled YPVS-equipped 85cc powerplant, fully adjustable suspension and large diameter brakes that were fitted to the previous model to expand overall performance.
Rider ergonomics are top shelf thanks to a narrow tank design, flat seat and slim, symmetrical radiator shrouds. This enables great freedom of movement for smooth shifting of body weight and supreme machine control.
Along with the bodywork, a sharp premium graphics scheme inspired by its YZ125 sibling highlights its distinctive race-bred YZ DNA. The seat and rear bodywork also enable the rear-positioned straight-through intake for strong power in the low rpm range.
For demanding junior racers, the YZ85 features a strong main frame, swingarm and rear wheel axle. The aluminium swingarm strikes a balance between longitudinal and torsional rigidity for great handling stability. A removable rear subframe constructed from lightweight, high-strength aluminium reduces weight. The rear brake master cylinder has a built-in sub-reservoir providing linear brake response and high levels of control.
The YZ85LW (Large Wheel) model takes the race-winning YZ85 formula and enhances off-road capability even more with the addition of a larger 19-inch front wheel and 16-inch rear wheel wrapped in high performance Dunlop MX3S tyres.
A long swingarm accommodates the large rear wheel for handling stability. The YZ85LW is designed to be the ideal transition between the standard YZ85 and the full size YZ125, perfect for those advanced 85cc riders looking for a big bike feel.
Features and benefits
• Natural rider ergonomics with a narrow tank, flat seat and slim, symmetrical shrouds offering great freedom of movement
• Straight intake design for strong power in the low rpm range
• Removable lightweight aluminium rear subframe
• Aluminium swingarm with high longitudinal and torsional rigidity for sharp handling
• Integrated rear brake master cylinder design with built-in sub-reservoir provides linear brake response
• Premium graphics are embedded for durability and scratch resistance
• Lightweight handlebars and four-position handlebar mounts adjust to suit rider preference
• Advanced 85cc two-stroke engine features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad power delivery
• Crankcase design features a spacer-style reed valve intake for high air/gas flow
• Hitachi Astemo Keihin PWK28 flat-slide carburettor offers seamless throttle response
• Race-proven KYB inverted cartridge fork and KYB rear shock are fully adjustable
• Big 220mm and 190mm wave-rotor disc brakes offer precise control and one-finger stopping power
• Transmission features oversized gears for firm engagement and smooth shifts
• Blue lightweight rims are stylish, durable, reduce unsprung weight and come wrapped in high performance Dunlop MX3S tyres
• High-capacity lightweight radiator has large cores for efficiency and blacked-out louvres for an aggressive look
Both models are available now in Team Yamaha Blue. YZ85 at $8,649 inc GST ride away^ and YZ85LW at $9,049 inc GST ride away^.
^Pricing correct at time of publishing and subject to change without notice.