With all eyes focused on reaching the big finish of the rally in Córdoba on Saturday, the experienced Aussie rally racer has moved up in the event's provisional overall standings.
The opening part of the rally's last marathon stage included yet more racing in dusty and treacherous conditions. Securing his second-best stage result to date, Rodney Faggotter brought his WR450F Rally machine home in 16th position, 41 minutes behind the stage winner. Putting in an impressively consistent ride in the event, the Aussie is 18th in the provisional overall standings with three more stages still to be contested in Argentina.
Yamaha's dominance in the Quad class continued for another stage of this year's Dakar Rally. With Argentina's Nicolas Cavigliasso claiming the stage victory, Chile's Ignacio Casale extended his comfortable lead in the class' provisional overall standings. Casale is now leading by a massive one-hour and 34 minutes ahead of Cavigliasso and another four Yamaha powered riders placed in the first six spots in the overall.
Featuring a 375km timed special, Thursday's stage 12 will be the second and last part of the two-day-long marathon stage.
"This Dakar has been one of mixed emotions for us. We've managed to be among the key players since the start of the event, but we were unlucky to see Franco, Xavier and then Adrien lose the opportunity to fight until the end. Following Adrien's crash yesterday, we've all stood behind Rodney in his quest to bring his bike to the finish of this extremely challenging event. Rod keeps impressing every single day. He's been one of the most consistent racers in this year's rally and he's gradually moving higher up in the overall rankings. We're really satisfied with his hard work and dedication and we will keep supporting him 100% until he crosses the finish line in Córdoba."
Dakar Stage 11 Results
1. Toby Price (AUS), KTM, 04:01:33
2. Kevin Benavides (ARG), Honda, 04:03:11, +01:38
3. Antoine Meo (FRA), KTM, 04:08:04, +06:31
4. Ricky Brabec (USA), Honda, 04:09:07, +07:34
5. Matthias Walkner (AUT), KTM, 04:12:34
6. Gerard Farres (ESP), KTM, 04:14:05, +12:32
16. Rodney Faggotter (AUS), Yamaha, 04:42:44
1. Matthias Walkner (AUT), KTM, 36:33:37
2. Kevin Benavides (ARG), Honda, 37:05:37, +32:00
3. Toby Price (AUS), KTM, 37:12:54, +39:17
4. Gerard Farres (ESP), KTM, 37:22:54, +49:17
5. Antoine Meo (FRA), KTM, 37:32:42, +59:05
6. Ricky Brabec (USA), Honda, 37:51:47, +01:18:10
18. Rodney Faggotter (AUS), Yamaha, 39:54:51, +03:21:14