MX riders are also look after with the YZ65 Cup motocross series returning for 2019. It’s never been easier for the next generation of bLU cRU champions to make that important first step into racing.
The 26 allocated grid positions for the inaugural Oceania Junior Cup were snapped up within hours of their releases. However, riders can still become involved with Australia’s premier national road racing series via the Yamaha Motor Finance sponsored YZF-R3 Cup championship that will once again run as an ASBK support class. The YZF-R3 Cup is an entry-level class for up-and-coming riders, providing a national championship environment to hone their racing skills.
Continuing its tradition of cost-effective entry-level racing, Yamaha Motor Australia is once again offering an attractive value-for-money package for competitors that will have them on the grid aboard a brand-new race-spec R3 Cup bike for less than $8000. Purchased separately, a 2018 YZF-R3 road bike costs $6299, and the YRT-developed race kit $5000 - the $7900 YRT-developed race package combines both with an incredible saving of $3500. Competitors only need to fit the race kit, throw on a set of tyres, fill the tank, and line up on the grid for Round 1 of the series at Wakefield Park Goulburn, NSW, on 22-24 March.
As series sponsors, Yamaha Motor Finance is also offering a tailor-made YMF package.
Participants can purchase the $7900 racing kit through YMF with repayments spread over a 12 or 24-month period and set at $156 per week or $84 per week respectively; both rounded amounts.
As a YMF sponsored and Yamaha bLU cRU supported category, competitors will receive a factory-style experience, with series support at every round by Demmery Race Team and Yamaha bLU cRU. There’s also a $20,000 prize pool on offer, as well as a live streaming and television package to entice potential sponsors.
Interested parties wishing to purchase a brand-new race-ready R3 Cup bike should contact a Yamaha dealer to secure their order with a $1000 deposit. Units are delivered as an assembled standard YZF-R3 road bike with the race kit provided as a separate item. The total cost of $7900 is paid to the dealer by the purchaser, or through YMF finance. This offer is for 2018 and earlier YZF-R3.
If one racing category per ASBK round doesn’t sound like enough, R3-Cup bikes are also eligible to compete in the Yamaha Motor Finance sponsored SSP300 class, providing R3-Cup competitors with more track time than other ASBK entrants.
Yamaha YZF-R3 Cup race kit
The race kit includes a brand new YZF-R3 road bike, and the following items to be fitted by the customer.
- Unpainted fibreglass bodywork, including bellypan and plugs
- Decal kit featuring the associated contingency brands
- Mupo rear suspension unit and front fork cartridge
- Oxford rear wheel race stand
- Adjustable rear-set foot peg kit
- Sprocket kit with standard 14-tooth front and 43-tooth rear, plus an optional 13-tooth front as well as 42 and 43-tooth rear sprockets
- Akrapovič Racing exhaust system
- Muffler mounting bracket to delete the pillion foot pegs
- Repositioning kit for handlebars, placing them under the top triple clamp for a more crouched racing riding position
- Fairing crash knobs, stand pickups, chain guard, engine case protection set and radiator mesh guard
- Yamalube Service kit and CD with parts book and service manual
2019 Yamaha Motor Finance R3 Cup Calendar:
- Round 1- Wakefield Park Raceway Goulburn, NSW March 22 – 24
- Round 2- Morgan Park Raceway Warwick, QLD July 5 – 7
- Round 3- Winton Motor Raceway Benalla, VIC Sept 6 – 8
- Round 4- Phillip Island Circuit, Phillip Island, VIC Oct 4 – 6
- Round 5- Sydney Motorsport Park Eastern Creek, NSW Nov 1 – 3
Further information about the ASBK championship, and racing in a series, can be obtained through the Motorcycling Australia web page https://www.ma.org.au/