The manufacturers of ATVs are serious about improving safety outcomes, and have developed the 5 Star Safe ATV User Guide to assist riders to improve their own safety outcomes:
- Choose a vehicle that is fit for purpose – for the task and the rider.
- Wear a helmet – the most effective safety device.
- Rider training – will allow you to fully understand both the ATV’s features and its limitations.
- Don’t allow passengers on single seat ATVs, and no kids under 16 on adult size ATVs.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidance and warnings.